UPDATE: (6/9/2020 at 4:00pm) – The track and staff at Maple Grove Raceway have been ready to start the 2020 season since April, however as many of you know, the pandemic has put a halt to any operations. We are hoping to reopen by the end of June depending upon when Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf decides to move Berks County into the green phase. We have been working and reworking a schedule along with event details regarding CDC guidelines. Once we hear when Berks County is moving into green we will release a revised 2020 schedule along with all the details.
At this point we know the following information for sure:
- No spectators until approved by PA Governor Tom Wolf. This includes Independence Showdown, The Classic Chevy Show, Sunoco Race Fuels ET Series, etc.
- The Classic Chevy Show will ONLY have racing for the 2020 event. There will NOT be spectators, a swap meet, car corral or car show.
- All racers and staff must abide by the CDC guidelines. Which includes but not limited to social distancing, face coverings and sanitizing.
- The Night Lights event was rescheduled to August 8th.
- The Mopar ExpressLane NHRA Nationals presented by Pennzoil is scheduled for September 11-13th. (This is nothing new but just a reminder from March.)
- The Street Outlaws No Prep Kings event was rescheduled for September 18-19th.
- The Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series event was moved to September 25th-27th in place of the Pennsylvania Dutch Classic.
At this time these are the only updates we have available to share. We are well aware everyone is eager to go racing but we just ask for your cooperation and understanding during this reopening period. Please note that everything is subject to change at any time. So please keep following along with any updates or changes. As always, we will let you all know as more details are available to release. Stay safe!