March 31, 2020
Many have reached out to us regarding the future of the 2020 season for Maple Grove Raceway. We are currently taking the schedule one day at a time. We have seen our fair share of forces beyond our control affecting our events. However, this COVID-19 pandemic is one force that we were not expecting to manage. Which means we are taking this very seriously and are not making any hard decisions until more information is given by the Government.
The safety of our racers, staff, spectators and sponsors are our number one priority. We had every intention of starting our 2020 season in the middle of April. However, with the most recent report given by Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf on Monday, March 30, 2020 we are postponing our season until May 1, 2020. At this present moment we are looking over our schedule and speaking with our event promoters. We are asking that you bare with us and remain patient while we manage this pandemic.
We know many of you have questions with this release but at this time the only answers we have are the following:
- The Spring Swap Meet is postponed to a later date yet to be finalized.
- The Sunoco Race Fuels ET Series races number one, two, three and four are cancelled.
- Pro Dial race number one is cancelled.
- Chassis Certifications are on hold until a new date can be agreed upon.
- We do not reschedule Money Trail points races on normal circumstances. However, just this one time we are re-evaluating our 2020 schedule to see if we can find open dates to move Sunoco Race Fuels ET races.
If we already started the season no changes would have been made. But given the season has yet to start we are making every effort to go racing. At this time these are the only answers we have. Please hold off on all questions until more information is released. Once we have the schedule finalized, we will release more details and a revised 2020 official season schedule.
If you find that you must speak with a Maple Grove Raceway Team Member, please email email@example.com. Stay tuned for more details to come when they become available. Stay safe!